Hard boiled eggs are really handy to have around for a quick breakfast or snack. I think they have something like 70 calories, they’re really filling, and packed with protein. It’s easy to make a perfect hard boiled egg, too! To find out how, continue reading after the jump.
By putting the eggs immediately from boiling water to ice water, the egg retracts a bit from the shell and allows for easy peeling. I also think that doing this makes the yolk nice and yellow instead of getting a weird green ring which sometimes happens to boiled eggs.
To the peeled eggs add 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon mustard, 2 teaspoons (smoked, if you have it) paprika, 1 teaspoon chipotle powder (optional), 2 teaspoons of garlic powder, and black pepper to taste.
- 10 eggs (or as many as can fit on the bottom of your pot if you want to make a bunch)
- 5 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons smoked or regular paprika
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle chile powder (optional)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- pepper to taste
- Place the eggs in the pot. Cover with enough water to just cover the eggs.
- Place on the stove and turn the heat to high. Bring to a boil.
- When the water is boiling, turn the head to medium-high and cover for 10 minutes. While the eggs cook, fill a bowl with ice and water to create an ice bath to put the eggs in when they’re done.
- After ten minutes, place the eggs in the ice bath and allow to cool for about 15 minutes. Pat dry and store in a cool, dry place.
- Put all of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Mash up with a fork. Store in some kind of Tupperware.