Crock Pot Korean Style Ribs

These are honestly some of the best ribs that I’ve ever had, hands down. They were falling off of the bone! They were so tender and the sauce was absolutely delicious. I highly recommend these, especially if you’ve got a busy day and need to have dinner ready for when you get home. Kramer and my brother really enjoyed them, too. They were all gone by the end of the night! These are sure to please a crowd of even the pickiest eaters. Recipe after the jump!

Place your ribs in your crock pot.

Combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, rice vinegar, fresh or ground ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes.

Pour the sauce over the ribs. Cover the crock pot with its lid and turn it to low. Cook for 7-8 hours.

When the ribs are done, take them out of the crock pot and place on a platter. Pour the sauce and juices from the crock pot into a sauce pan and add the combined corn starch and water to the sauce. Bring to a boil and stir until thickened.

Pour the sauce over the ribs and rice and top with sesame seeds.

Enjoy!

Crock Pot Korean Style Ribs

Serves: 4

• ½ cup soy sauce
  • ⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons sesame oil
  • 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger (I used a dash of ground ginger)
  • 4 cloves of crushed garlic
  • ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 4-5 pounds pork short ribs
  • 3 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 3 tablespoons cold water
  • 4 cups cooked rice (for serving)

1. Mix together the soy sauce, sugar, oil, vinegar, ginger, crushed garlic, and red pepper in a small bowl. Place ribs in a 5-quarter slow cooker and pour the sauce over it. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours or on low for 9 hours.
  2. Transfer the ribs to a platter, and skim and discard excess fat from liquid. Place back into the crock pot (with the crock pot turned to “off”) to keep warm.
  3. Place the liquid into a saucepan, combine cornstarch and water and add it to the liquid. Bring to a boil and cook for two minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove meat from ribs or serve on the bone, place them over rice and top with sauce, green onions and sesame seeds.
  4. *I used some of my extra sauce to stir fry some vegetables really quickly to serve with the ribs.

1. Risa says:

Wow! This could give southern BB-Q Ribs a run for their money!

2. ingrid says:

Mmmm, that sauce looks amazing. Love Asian flavors. I haven’t made ribs in a while. I need to add this to my dinner recipe list.
    I’m off to check out your s’mores brownies.
    ~ingrid

3. Hey, I know this is probably not the place for this, but I have a question. Haha.
    I’m going to feature a segment on my blog of BLOGS I LOVE and your blog happens to be one of them. =)
    I’m wondering if it would be okay to borrow some of your pics of my fave posts for the Mon, June 1st spot on my page?
    I’m so sorry, but I couldn’t find a contact link?
    Please let me know.
    Thanks so much!
    PS the blog is amazing!

4. Pearl says:

oh that looks so tasty! i looove when it’s so tender that it melts in your mouth and falls off the bone!

5. we all need more crock pot recipes! YAY!

6. Cookie says:

I was just looking for a good crockpot ribs recipe and this one is perfect! My boy LOVES Korean food and I’m sure he’ll love this one too! Thanks!

7. Heather says:

So glad you liked it! And this reminds me, I need to add it to next week’s meals :D

8. duodishes says:

Um. Those ribs look too good. We can’t stand it!

9. Annie says:

mmm… looks delicious! and the thought of having kalbi all cooked by the time i get home is amazing!

10. amy says:

YAY yummy! thanks!

11. Marinkina says:

Пора переименовать блог, присвоив название связанное с доменами :) может хватит про них?

12. [...] Crock Pot Korean Style Ribs These are honestly some of the best ribs that I’ve ever had, hands down. They were falling off of the bone! They [...] [...]

13. Elyse says:

Ooo, I always get excited about using my crockpot. These ribs look fabulous! And judging by Kramer’s and your brother’s reactions, these ribs are OUT OF THIS WORLD!! I’m saving this recipe for sure; great job!

14. Coleen says:

I think this may just be on the menue this weekend! Thank you.

15. Jim says:

Fixed these last weekend, definitely a have-again. I noticed (for my wife and me), though, that the initial pleasant tanginess of the sauce kinda went away, maybe because we went with the extra time on slow; when (not if!) we have these again, we’ll splash some additional rice wine vinegar in at the end, and maybe cut back a bit on the brown sugar.

One minor suggestion? If there’s a choice of cooking times (or ingredients, for that matter), please consider mentioning which one you chose, so we know for sure which of the choices produced the results you photograph (so well). I wonder, for instance, if our batch might have been a bit more attractive and tastier if we’d gone with the shorter time, if that’s what you did.

Thanks for your site!

16. Rameena says:

these look amazing and I can’t wait to try them. Do you think the cooking time would be different if I tried it with beef ribs instead?

17. admin says:

Rameena: I don’t think so!

18. Rachelle says:

Thank you so much for posting this recipe!
    I found this site half an hour before my classes started, and it just happened I had all the ingredients at hand (I just got back from a meat sale too and hadn’t refrigerated the ribs yet) I threw it all together and dinner was super easy to throw together when I got home.
    They were great!

19. Ethan says:

Made these tonight — GREAT! My wife and 2 friends loved them. The quick veggie stir-fry w/ some of the sauce was excellent as well. Thanks.

20. [...] this recipe: Korean style ribs from Crepes of Wrath is super, simple, and really cheap, especially when you live right next to an [...]

21. [...] I will cook this and perhaps sort out my [...]

22. thecrepesofwrath says:

Heidi: Absolutely! I’ll e-mail you.