Drunken Irish Stew

It’s freezing here in Phoenix! I woke up this morning and it was 40 degrees! I didn’t know what to do with myself; I can barely get out of bed! It’s nice, though, being able to wear my coats and boots without feeling like a complete idiot. That’s why I figured that I had better make some stew while the weather lasts, as I’m sure it will be back in the 80s in a few weeks. I’ve made stew with beer and stew with wine before, but never a stew with both beer and wine. It’s really a brilliant idea. The broth in this stew is full of rich flavors that completely satisfy along with the tender meat that melts in your mouth and the flavorful root vegetables that everyone loves. I had to use Guinness, of course, because what’s a stew without it? Kramer and I ate this as leftovers for a few days and it just kept getting better and better, so it’s a perfect meal for a big family or even just two people!

Cut up your meat.

Heat some olive oil in a large pot and then brown the meat in the pot.

Add in the crushed garlic and stir until fragrant, just another minute or two.

Add the beef stock, the red wine, the Guinness, tomato paste, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and bay leaves.

Bring everything to a boil.

Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for one hour. Stir occasionally to prevent burning.

While the stew simmers, chop up all of your vegetables.

Melt the butter in another large pot.

Add the vegetables to the pot.

Cook until the vegetables are golden, about 15 minutes.

Add the cooked vegetables to beef stew and simmer uncovered until vegetables and beef are tender, about 30 to 40 minutes. Mix in 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water until combined. Add to the stew and stir. Discard the bay leaves and remove any fat that may have accumulated on top. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Serve and enjoy!

Drunken Irish Stew

Serves: 6-8

• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1-1/4 pounds stew beef, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 7 large garlic cloves, crushed
  • 1 cup red wine
  • 1 cup Guinness
  • 6 cups beef stock (or broth)
  • 3 tablespoons tomato paste
  • 1-1/2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tablespoon dried thyme
  • 4 bay leaves
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 pound russet potatoes, cut into ½-inch pieces (peeled or unpeeled, gentleman’s choice)
  • 1 pound baby red potatoes, cut into ½-inch pieces (again, gentleman’s choice)
  • 4 stalks celery, chopped
  • 2 cups carrots, peeled, cut into ½-inch pieces
  • 1 large yellow or white onion, roughly chopped
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch + 1 tablespoon water
  • salt and pepper, to taste

1. Heat the olive oil in a heavy, large pot over medium-high heat. Add the beef stew meat and sauté until brown on all sides, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic cloves and sauté another minute, until fragrant.
  2. Add the beef stock, red wine, Guinness, tomato paste, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and bay leaves. Stir to combine and bring the mixture to a boil. When boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for one hour. Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
  3. In another large pot, melt the butter over medium heat until slightly foaming. Add the potatoes, celery, onion and carrots, sautéing until golden, about 15 minutes. Set aside until the stew has simmered for one hour.
  4. Add vegetables to beef stew and simmer uncovered until vegetables and beef are tender, about 30 to 40 minutes. Mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 1 tablespoon cold water until combined. Add slowly to the stew, stirring for 1 minute until thickened. Discard the bay leaves and remove any fat that may have accumulated on top. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  5. *This can be prepared in advance and kept refrigerated for up to three days.

Adapted From

1. Toxishok says:

OMG that looks Delicious
    But 40 degrees, stop complaining, that’s a heatwave up here in the Midwest

2. Michelle says:

YUM! Definitely making this. So simple and delicious. :)

3. Jen T. says:

Hehe, my cousins in Gilbert just about went into shock with the weather too! Does it make me a bad person that I thought it was hysterical? They’re originally from Wisconsin, if that helps my case any.

This sounds really yummy. We just had your pot roast last night, and it was the first time in weeks we didn’t have leftovers, great recipe, thanks!

Jen: I was born in Jersey and lived in Chicago for 8 years, but living in Arizona for a while definitely thins your blood out, so I feel for your cousins! And thanks :)

4. bert bacharach says:

slurptastic! i couldn’t figure out why it is called ‘drunken irish stew’ for a while. and then it clicked.

top stewing!

5. Lisa says:

wait, I still can’t figure out why it’s called Drunken Irish Stew. Can you explain it for me?

6. Bob says:

About the only ting that’s Irish in that stew is the Guinness, are you having a laugh with Drunken ‘Irish’ Stew? Are you trying to play a stereotype. or a race card?

7. Mom says:

Looks wonderful. I have to make that for the boys. Let me get this right….Kramer eats leftovers?

8. Yummmy looks delicious! Can i come for dinner?

9. Chris says:

This looks delicious! You’ve got my mouth watering and I’ve got 3 hours to go until dinner.

Going to make this over the weekend and have it with some nice fresh sourdough. Thanks!

10. [...] receta para las barritas de Oreo que comenté hace un tiempo. Pues bien, hoy me he encontrado este “Drunken Irish Stew” (Guiso irlandés borracho), que viene a ser nuestra carne guisada de toda la vida con la bendición [...]

11. Sydney, I´m a regular reader from Spain and I´m delighted with this recipe. Here we don´t use to add the Guinness, but we do like wine. It´s nicely surprising that a dish like this is made almost exactly the same in so many places! ;)

Thank you for your work on this site, it´s awesome and inspiring. If you want to publish a spanish recipe anytime, I´ll be glad to help :) How about potato omelette?

By the way, the oreo fudge bars made me a happier person forever :P

12. Katie says:

Massachusetts stole your weather! It was 65 here all day, and I didn’t have to wear a sweatshirt in my poorly-insulated room at all. It’s funny because when I lived in Hawai’i, when it was 65 I would call home and complain about how cold I was all the time.

13. Eorr says:

I made a stew almost exactly like this recipe except I used lamb. It was so good an delicious with some toasted artisan Irish soda bread i got at the local grocery store.

14. John in Dublin CA says:

Ah Sydney, a Jersey girl, I should have known, I grew up there too. Once again, I changed beef to lamb (I love lamb) and had the best lamb stew I’ve ever tasted. I also added some peas for color.

15. Hannah says:

I found this today and decided to make stew tonight! It looks great. Its simmering in the biggest pot I have and it is full to the brim. 2 pounds of potatoes is a lot!

16. Terry Ó Connor says:

Delicious. It’s one of the things I grew up licking the plate after eating on those cold, wet Winter evenings after coming home from school, minus the alcohol of course.

I look forward to trying your recipe.

I take your title for the recipe in good humour and I look forward to further light-hearted stereotypical recipes. In fact I followed your example and came up with a few titles myself…maybe you will be inspired to actually bring them to ‘a food blog near you’ sometime ?

Actually, how about an entire meal and a member of each stereotyped group is invited ?
    It will be so much fun and I’m sure no-one would get offended…unless they ‘re being complete old fuddi-duddies.

A starter,
    Miserly Israeli Matzah Balls – Maybe be quite frugal with the ingredients?

Main,
    Fat Ass American Burger – Maybe use a big thick Texan rump-steak for burger?

Dessert,
    Flouncy French Flan – Well I’l leave that one up to imaginations

Anyway, thank you for the great originally titles recipe. I hope other Irish people will not get too sensitive about the title. (You know how some people are)
    No doubt the good ol’ Irish will see the funny side . . . as long as they don’t sober up eh ??

17. Ir says:

I didn’t read through all the rest of the comments so forgive me if this was answered somewhere, haha. :)
    Does the beef give significant flavor to the stew? Or can I do this with chicken? Or without meat at all? This stew looks delicious but unfortunately, I’m cooking for someone who eats no red meat.

Ir: I feel that the meat really does give it a rich flavor, especially because of the heavy red wine and Guinness…pork might work, but I think everything would overpower the chicken.

18. Kelly says:

How much of the alcohol cooks off? One of my roommates doesn’t drink, but she doesn’t have a problem with things cooked with alcohol, as long as it’s not too strong. This sounds delicious…i can’t wait to try it.

Kelly: I think if you’re looking for it you can tell that it was cooked with alcohol, but it just tastes like a rich stew to me, it doesn’t have an alcohol-y taste.

19. Jay says:

Last time I cooked chunks of potato that big in the same pot as slices of celery that thin I got some salty tasting slime with some undercooked potatoes.

Explaining the balance of vegetable cooking times would go a long way since people who don’t need that level of instruction also wouldn’t likely need this recipe.

20. Kelly says:

40 degrees? Really?? If ONLY it was just 40 here! “Barely could get out of bed!” Really?? Even my hubby who is from Africa is making fun of you.

21. Jordan says:

Looks Tasty! and if you think 40F is chilly … its -20C (-4F) here in Calgary! And this is mild for winter. It will likely go down to -40F in a few weeks.

Jordan: I’ve lived in Arizona for 8 years, so that’s chilly for me! It’s like when people say that 90 degrees is hot, but during the summer 110 degrees is normal for me!

22. Jan'et says:

I wouldn’t care about the weather, but I would love to be back in AZ and I would love to be eating this stew. I spent a little time out there last year and loved all of it. I also spend a lot of time cooking and thinking of new things to feed the family. This definitely is going in the line-up.

23. megan says:

beautiful pictures! I have meat in the freezer, and this is the recipe I want to make! Thanks for a fun new recipe to try!

24. that girl down south says:

This looks amazing! It dropped below freezing here last night (never does that) and I was burning a fire, drinking red wine, and making soup too!

Your pictures are really looking good lately! Your recipes are just as delicious looking!

25. alecho says:

ooooh! this looks great! Stumbled here, and I’m glad I did! :) Keep up the good work!

26. RA says:

This is exactly what I want for dinner! Thanks to Stumble Upon for bringing me here!!

27. Curtis says:

Wishing 40 degrees was “freezing” in my world . . . LOL. At any rate, the stew looks delicious. I can almost smell it already . . .

28. Eric says:

I ‘stumbled’ here about a week ago. I’ve made plenty of stews, but just the name enticed me. Ended up making this for my girlfriend and her son over the weekend. Simple and easy to prepare, and it came out tasty. I stuck to the recipe (well, I eyeball everything) except for the Guinness and wine, which I went a little heavier on :) We bought some garlic ciabatta bread and heated that in the oven to sop up the juice as I didn’t thicken it too much. A great meal for a 30 degree evening. I’ve got this site bookmarked and will be coming back for more! Thx!

29. Mom says:

Made this yesterday, easy and perfect for a large crowd. Wyatt LOVED it! Will make it again over Christmas for the boys.
    love Mommy

30. aeryn says:

wonderful recipe!! i made it tonight to warm (it’s 7ºF right now) me up. added a little cheddar on top and paired it with an onion roll and a huge glass if milk and i was in heaven! i just eyeballed the potatoes, though, so think i under-tater’d it. next time!

31. margaret says:

hey sydney,

do you think this recipe would work if i made it in a crockpot/slow cooker? let me know what you think

32. Max says:

I made this today and just finished my second bowl. It was DELICIOUS! I’m 19, and had never made stew before today, but this may become a semi-regular hobby for me now. I cooked it for about 2 hours though because it didn’t seem done after 1. I also added a bit more corn starch because I’m used to it being thicker, because that’s the way my dad made it when i was growing up.
    Anyway thanks a lot for posting this. It was a hit with my roommates too!

33. Jim Jones says:

That is one delicious meal, and made easy by your details, thank you.

34. girl says:

eh what i can’t believe is that you said guinness is beer when its clearly a stout. i mean like seriously!

35. Chris says:

Great recipe, thanks! I got a bit carried away with the veggies and made enough to feed an army. Stuck the pot on the back deck to cool off and forgot it. It was frozen solid this morning. :-D 40 Degrees is cold?!?! It was -15 here last night without the wind. :-D A good night for warm food. :-) Today, since the taters got all mushy after being frozen, I served it over some potato dumplings… it was delicious!

36. Cassie says:

Dude, shut up I got up this morning to six below. Don’t you even start bitching

Cassie: I appreciate that it’s probably cold where you live, but where I live, it was 115 degrees F this summer, so to me, 40 degrees is pretty cold. Do you know what it’s like to walk outside into what is essentially an oven?

37. Kham says:

I just love a good hearty stew! This recipe is definitely one I’ll be trying.

38. Krauntz says:

I found this via Stumbleupon. I don’t really eat meat, but my friends will love this!!

And I think it is funny you said it is freezing and then it is 40F. that is very very warm for my Canadian standard LOL.

Anyways thank you for this!

39. Mathieu says:

You have to love a good stew when it’s chilly outside, although I agree with the last poster that 40F is far from frosty. I’ll have to give this one a try when the next snow falls, it sounds complex and delicious.

40. Diana says:

mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmmmmm
    Also stumbled upon this and made it tonight – YUM!
    I added a bit more taters and carrots – trying to make meals streeeeetch, yaknow – but ohhh the flavors – perfect!
    And for the record, it was in the 20s here (RI) today. ;)

41. Tim says:

Great Recipe!! I went a little heavy on the Guinness, and it was awesome. It wasn’t too hard to make, and was super hearty. StumbleUpon is awesome.
    Cheers!

42. margaret says:

so i made this last night, and mine ended up tasting really alcoholic. im pretty sure i did everything right (i couldnt find bay leaves or Worcestershire sauce). do you think that would have affected it? i also used cheap wine…does that matter?

43. andy says:

i’m about to make a vegan version of this (hope that doesn’t bother you) with seitan and some other beer (guinness isn’t vegetarian).

I thought you were pretty clear about 40 not being THAT cold. After all, you did say that it was nice not to feel foolish wearing all that stuff. It’s about 40 in philly right now, so that is plenty cold for stew, even if it will get down to the teens in a few weeks.

44. Katelyn says:

My boyfriend and I made this together and it was delicious! Thanks for the recipe.

45. Peggy says:

This is definitely something that made my mouth water as soon as I laid eyes on it!

46. Chris says:

Wicked recipe, my run at it came out great. Definitely going in my bag of tricks.

47. Jen says:

This stew was fabulous!

48. Nat Bing says:

My boyfriend and i made this recipe – this is the BEST stew we’ve ever made! we doubled the recipe (hindsight is always 20/20) and now i have some great food for the next 3 weeks. thanks!

49. Simone says:

Thanks so much! I added mushrooms but followed everything else exactly. WOW what a treat. Everyone loved it! ♥

50. A-Man says:

What a fine stew. This is the right dish when you’ve worked the whole day on the vineyard…
    Greetings from Germany

A-Man

51. S R says:

Tis only 70 F here in Florida… And this is still amazing! It tastes soooo Irish! Thanks for the Recipe!

52. igor says:

Brilliant!

53. Kryziz says:

I did it and i loved it. It was so yummy and juicy that everyone had more than a bowl

54. Jeff says:

Great recipe! Thanks for posting.

55. Cheryle says:

This tastes so good. Nice deep flavors. Loved it more than my traditional comfort stew. Thanks.

56. bonnie says:

my husband is making it right now, and it smells soooo good!!!!

57. Ben says:

Ive just made it and its fantastic!

58. garev says:

i love this dish! i make it in russia. thank you!

59. Dominic says:

This will be going on the menu for a cold winters night this year.

60. Neklce heart says:

hnmmmmm,,,,,, Deeeeeelicious love it .hahahaha hope make me FAT.

61. Doug says:

I made this last night for supper and it was really good. Tonight it is amazing.

62. Kate says:

I am making this right now, and drinking the leftover wine. BEst dinner evwerf

63. laurao says:

Stumbled again to your website; another thumb’s up!! Then I find that the blogs listed are most of the other sites I’ve bookmarked. Your site is the first RSS feed I’ve signed up for. Keep up the good work, and the delicious food!!

64. Arianna says:

could you/have you ever tried to cook this in a crockpot?

Arianna: I haven’t, but I think it’d be quite easy! I would probably just throw everything in there and let it cook for 6-8 hours on low.

65. shania says:

Hey babe! Just want to check, how many people does this recipe serves? I intend to cook for a table of 3 only. And also, you mentioned that the recipe can be refrigerated for 3 days- I just have to bring it to boil right?

66. Fiona says:

Great recipe. :-)
    Irish stew is usually made with lamb.
    However, beef works far far better with Guinness.
    You can also make this into a pie – just stick some (leftovers?) into a pie dish of some short and add a shortcrust or puffy pastry crust.
    MMMMMMM!

67. Nate says:

that looks absolutely amazing!

68. JonnRachel says:

On step 4!
    Many thanks from Raleigh, NC!
    This stuff smells so freakin’ good.
    Great post!

69. [...] Seasonal Fruit & Vegetable Calendar 10 Power Food Combos Drunken Irish Stew Hot Spinach Dip Quick Guide to Herbs & Spices Stuffed [...]

70. Katy says:

I just made this tonight and oh my god it is so good!

71. Deni says:

I didn’t change a thing. The flavor is fantastic! I made it for a group of people, most people had two servings. I used a Barefoot Shiraz.

72. shinie rajan says:

wowwwwwwwwwwwww yuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy.the girls just loved this.Thank you .post more of irish foods

73. Addycat says:

If anyone wants to skip the cornstarch step, you can at a Tbs or two of flour to the sauteeing meat/seitan/tempe/what have you. This will start a ROUX which will thicken the broth while it cooks. It will also reduce the amount of fat that will float to the top at the end as the flour mixes with the fat & broth to become the thickener.

74. Kathleen says:

I may try this out, I have a lot of guy friends who love Guiness. Though I may sub turkey or chicken instead of beef.

75. Gillian says:

Mmm this looks nice, but I’m sorry, it’s not Irish Stew. It’s beef stew. Irish stew is made with lamb, and doesn’t have anything fancy (unless you call it Fancy Irish Stew, I guess). It is lamb, potatoes, onion and/or leek and stock. Maybe some herbs. It’s a peasant dish, so the lamb should be a cheap but tasty cut and less in proportion to the other ingredients, as they needed to make their meat stretch as far as possible.

Your stew does look yummy though.

Oh, and if you’re wondering, I’m half Irish, but my Mum is the real deal and has told me off just for putting wine in.

Gillian: Thank you for the lesson! I do think that I can still call it an Irish Stew, though, even if it is dressed up a bit. It’s like calling stuffing stuffing even though most people don’t stuff the bird with it anymore, you know? :)

76. Veronica says:

I made this tonight, and it was delicious! I served it over brown rice to soak up the stew. My husband and I ate it until we were stuffed and there are still plenty of left overs. Thanks for the recipe!

77. Andrea says:

can i make this in a crock pot? i don’t make stews often but this one looks really good and i prefer to do just throw everything in the crock pot in the morning so it will be ready for dinner.

78. Jeff says:

Nicely done. It’s nice to FINALLY find someone else that doesn’t think tomato paste in a stew is weird. :-)

When I do a stew, I’ll toss in some radishes from time to time, and I use a little soy sauce to darken the gravy and add some saltiness to the flavor.

79. Eric says:

AWESOME RECIPE!!! I whipped it up for some college buddies of mine and it was a hit!

80. Justin says:

Great recipe!!!
    Now what do I do with all this leftover Guinness and red wine?
    Hmmmmmmmm…..

@Justin: I think you might be able to find somewhere to put it… :)

@Sarah: Mushrooms and turnips and sweet potatoes sound absolutely lovely in this stew! I’m glad it did well in the crock pot!

81. Sarah T says:

I’ve definitely made this in a crock pot. I browned the meat and the garlic and onions, then just threw everything else in. I also used the whole can of Guinness and then just added the beef stock until the crockpot was full, which I think was less than suggested. I also added fresh mushrooms, because I like them. And sweet potatoes and turnips because I had them and they needed to be eaten.

82. Christina says:

40 degrees is freezing? Wow… Apparently you haven’t experienced the weather up north. :) I think we need this delicious recipe more than you do! Haha, anyways, great post!

83. Rich says:

The meat looks gorgeous just sitting there :) we all need winter warmers right now!

84. We will have 2 of our caterers try out this recipe this week. We will have each comment on the results by Friday.

85. asher says:

40 degrees still qualifies as above freezing. put on a sweater and QYB.
    love your minnesotan

Asher: Thanks for the information. I lived in Phoenix at the time of this entry (I’m now in NYC), so I’m sure that while our definitions of cold may differ, so do our definitions of “hot”. I’m sure that when you’re sweating it out in 90 degree weather, I would be sitting there telling you to just put on some shorts and QYB, too.

86. I want of bowlful of it like now. Looks perfect for a cold winter day. Right now we’re -8 in Mississauga, Ontario so I need something to warm up :-)

87. Tena & Carson says:

made your stew recipe tonight…followed the recipe to the letter…loved it. mmmmm It was delish! Thank you so much. am anxious to try out more recipes on your site.

88. This is a fantastic recipe. I tried it over the weekend and it turned out perfectly – with any recipe like this though, I am always careful to make sure not to overcook. My oven is a bit on the older side and that can lead me to problems if I don’t keep an eye on things!

89. Jen says:

Made this stew for the second time to rave reviews from my slightly fussy family.

90. [...] meals to have while sick, or not feeling well because of too many beers the night before, is this Drunken Irish Stew recipe. A good guideline is darker, stronger beers for meats and less robust beers for fish (yes that is [...]

91. Paula says:

I have been eye balling this recipe for a while and I finally got to try it last night. It was such a hit my friends and parents loved it. Thanks!

92. Dexter says:

This is by far the tastiest beef stew i have ever tasted. I only added some habanero powder to mine to make it spicy. Thanks for the recipe.

93. jen wilsty says:

i’m trying this out today!!! making a double batch too! my niece says it’s nearly as good as the irish stew she ate several times while in Ireland! can’t wait to try it!

94. Wolfi says:

I have made this a couple times now and it’s absolutely delicious !

95. pligg.com says:

Drunken Irish Stew | Crepes of Wrath…

Drunken Irish Stew adapted from Davislife Magazine 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil 1-1/4 pounds stew beef, cut into 1-inch pieces 7 large garlic cloves,…

96. Staci says:

I have done this recipe twice now and I love it. It’s the best beef stew I’ve ever had. I’ve definitely gone about making it different and adding my own flare to it, but I loved idea!!! Thanks!

97. I LOVE Irish Stew, and this recipes looks and sounds great! Thank you for sharing it :-)
    Elaine

98. Kurt says:

I just made this tonight for myself and mother, it turned out phenomenally. Instead of Guinness, I used Murphy’s, because the grocery store I went to didn’t have Guinness. Nonetheless, it was ever so delicious. In addition, we had a thick sourdough bread that was excellent for dipping.

99. t20cook says:

Could not resist commenting.Just too yumm!!

100. Kevin says:

Brought this to work after I made it ……needless to say it was GONE.This is by far the best stew I have ever had Im makin some right now

101. Suze says:

I made this recipe last night and it is one of the best tasting stews I have made. I didn’t have celery but used a turnip. So flavourful and my little ones liked it too! Love your website and plan on trying more recipes. Thanks for sharing!!

102. Susanne says:

Turned out AH-mazing…in the Irish theme, I diced up some corned beef and threw that in, too! YUM!

103. Kristine says:

I just made this for my verrrry picky husband and he couldn’t get enough of it!!! I think he spent more time talking and raving about how good it was then eating it! I finally told him to shut up and eat! haha! Thanks for the great recipe, it is for sure a keeper!!

104. [...] love slow cooker recipes and when I saw this Drunken Irish Stew on Sydney’s site, Crepes of Wrath, I knew I wanted to make a slow cooker version of it. Who [...]

105. [...]     Print This!     Drunken Irish Stew Adapted from Crepes of Wrath [...]

106. Ali Clements says:

My husband and I made this tonight and LOVED it! It has amazing flavor and was perfectly balanced. Our only complaint was that it says “Total Time: 1 hour” at the top, but as we started making it the directions call for almost 2 hours of time. The recipe itself though is wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

107. Stephanie says:

I am trying this recipe the week. But I will be making it in my crock pot since I work late. So excited. And I’m in Az and boy is it starting to get cold again. This stew sounds like the perfect thing.

108. klintin says:

spinning this up as we speak. veggies are cut and everything else is boiling. didnt have a Guinness so I used a Kootney (British Columbian local brew, fairly light) should be good! thanks

109. Josh says:

In Sierra Vista, chilly here tonight.. didn’t have all the ingredients unfortunately but put a little twist and used lamb instead of beef… FANTASTIC! Thank you!

110. Irish Stew says:

[...] Recipe adapted from: TheCrepesOfWrath.net [...]

111. […] adapted from The Crepes of Wrath  […]

112. […] don’t get excited when they hear it’s what’s for dinner.  Here is the latest contestant, Drunken Irish Stew, from the delightful Crepes of Wrath site.  This recipe calls for both Guinness and red wine – […]