Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Lately, I’ve been experiencing some seriously debilitating migraines and I’m unsure what to do about it. I have a feeling it might be from sitting at my desk at work all day – my neck and shoulders are really tight and uncomfortable, so I think that might be triggering my migraines. I figured, who better to ask than you good people. I’m sure that everyone has had a problem like this, especially when they first started their “grown up” jobs. What do you do to combat headaches? My problem is that I’ve been waking up with a headache that gets progressively worse as I head to work (the poor ventilation underground in the subway probably doesn’t help), and by the time the fluorescent lights hit me when I get to my desk, I’m spinning. I’ve tried Advil, chugging tons of water, and downing a cup of coffee or an energy drink, which helps, but I don’t like to consume so much caffeine. I might try some Excedrin today, so we’ll see how that goes. I have also started taking a daily iron supplement, and that has helped me to feel less dizzy. So, Internet, please tell me – how do you combat migraine headaches?

One way that I try to make myself feel better is to make something comforting and delicious. The other day, though, my headache was so bad that I couldn’t even finish an entire slice of pizza, which is usually something I can polish away in about five minutes. I figured I would try another classic salty, carb-o-licious dish, but this time, I wanted to make it myself. Kramer and I adore sweet potato fries, but I wasn’t in the mood to have to actually fry anything. Luckily, I think that baked sweet potato fries are just as tasty as fried sweet potato fries, because the best part isn’t necessarily the fries element, but the sweet and salty flavors. I love how the starchy sweet potatoes contrast with the salty Parmigianno Reggiano – I love it so much, that I had a hard time not consuming the entire tray of fries. The only downside to baking sweet potato fries is that due to their high sugar content, they can burn easily in the oven…that’s alright, though. I am willing to sacrifice a few fries to the oven gods in order to enjoy the rest. Sweet potato fries make a great side to just about anything; burgers, steaks, chicken, you name it! So, while it’s still not too hot to have the oven on, I highly recommend popping in a tray of these to serve with your next meal.

All you’ll need! My mom was kind enough to give me that truffle oil, so I used it, but feel free to use whatever oil you have laying around!

Peel and slice your sweet potatoes.

Toss them with the oil, cheese, salt, pepper, and ancho chili powder.

You can sprinkle them with a little extra cheese at the end, for good measure. Bake at 450 for about 20 minutes, flipping them over halfway through.

Try not to eat the whole tray yourself!

Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Serves: 2-3

• 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut thin into “fries”
  • ¼ cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil (we used black truffle oil because we had it – thanks, Mom!)
  • ¼ teaspoon ancho chili powder
  • salt and pepper, to taste

1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F. Grease and/or line a large cookie sheet. Cut up your sweet potatoes and toss them with the cheese, the olive oil, the chili powder, salt, and pepper.
  2. Arrange the fries in a single layer on your baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, flip over, and bake for another 10-15 minutes, until crisp. Serve warm.

1. Mandy says:

These look delicious! I cannot wait to try them as an alternative to our usual baked potato wedges. For a headache cure I would go to your local specialty foods market and get some peppermint essential oil. I like to soak the end of a Q-Tip with it and then put some on my temples and on either side of my jaw bone. It sort of creates this nice cooling sensation on your face and helps to relieve the tension. If that doesn’t work I would also try the Excedrin. Avoid the high caffeine drinks though, only a little is needed to help, and too much can make it worse.

Mandy: That is a great idea! I used to work at an Aveda salon in college and I used to use peppermint oil on my temples when I had headaches and it definitely helped – why didn’t I think of that? I’m going to pick some up later today!

2. Fader says:

I’ve had migraines since I was a little kid. Several things have helped over the years, but I never really got control over them until I started going to a specialized headache clinic. Some things that helped me, though: getting glasses, taking a multivitamin high in magnesium (a store brand women’s supplement works for me), drinking lots of water, eating several small meals or snacks across the course of the day rather than three larger meals (I found out that I’m hypoglycemic and low blood sugar is a big trigger for me), avoiding strong scents, and avoiding ibuprofen (can cause rebound headaches).

@Fader: I definitely drink lots of water (2-3 liters a day, at least) and I try to eat small meals, but I haven’t even thought about trying magnesium, so I will be going out to get a multi-vitamin with lower iron and some magnesium later today. Thank you for your help!

@Chris: I do, indeed, wear glasses. Maybe I can open a bistro one day! ;)

@Cindy: I find that caffeine makes my headaches feel better, but I know it’s bad for me so I don’t like consuming so much of it! I’m glad a second person suggested magnesium – I’m definitely going to pick some up later today!

@Julie: My husband keeps telling me to go do that – I think I am going to try to squeeze a massage into this week. I found a place that does the type that you suggested – thank you!

3. Chris says:

I too sit at a desk in front of a computer all day. I used to get really killer headaches that got worse as the day went on. Turned out I needed reading glasses as my eyes were straining, and 8 hours in front of the monitor were just killing me. But I think you wear glasses, and you said your migraines start BEFORE you get to the office. So aside from quitting your job and opening up a cute little bistro or cafe, I can’t offer any tips. Hope you feel better though, and thanks for the delicious recipe as always. =D

4. Cindy says:

Not liking caffeine and taking Excedrin is kinda counter intuitive- the reason Excedrin works so well is you get a big dose of caffeine with every pill. Pretty much the same as taking any aspirin and chasing it with a cup of coffee. Which is terrible, because caffeine can cause headaches. Great marketing plan, Excedrin!

I’d try to figure out what triggers your migraines first, to try to avoid it. There are a lot of herbal “therapies” that can help with migraines, some as simple as consuming more magnesium. You should really talk to a doctor though if they’re a regular occurance.

5. Julie says:

It sounds extravagant but if your problem is muscular, weekly massages will save you. I found an Oriental-style massage place in my town where an hour massage is $33, tip included! If you’ve never had one, it’s different than the relaxing Swedish style massage but gets the job done.

6. Katy says:

You cooked these with a migraine?! Haha, when the sweet-potato-fry-urge hits, I guess it doesn’t take no for an answer!

I have had migraines for years, and when I get one, Excedrin is the only thing that will help (don’t take it on an empty stomach, or with much more caffeine). However, identifying what was causing them in the first place and working on THAT has helped a lot. If you think it might be muscular, you could look up some stretches to do at your desk online (google will return plenty of good ones). Or try taking Aleve/naproxen, which is a muscle relaxer. Or try yoga, which can be really fun. If these don’t help, you might just try checking with your doctor. Apparently all kinds of things can trigger migraines, from food allergies to improper glasses.

Hope that helps, and on a side note, I love your blog! Your narration and recipes seem so “real”, being unpretentious yet still mature and a little fancy–like these sweet potato fries.

@Katy: You know, I may be due for a new prescription, too – I should probably get on that. Thank you!!

@RRA: Thank you so much for all of the tips – I will try them all!

@Anthony: I haaaate going to the doctor, haha, so I’m going to tough it out for a while longer to see if I can find a solution on my own. I think it’s good for me to have to suck it up anyway, right? Maybe in a few weeks I will go see my doctor if it’s still unbearable.

7. RRA says:

I’ve had migraines since I was a kid, too. Things I do:
    -had the building guy take out two of the florescent light tubes in my office
    -eat regularly throughout the day, trying not to get too hungry
    -stretch neck/shoulders frequently
    -keep glasses/contacts prescription up-to-date
    -keep a stick of cocoa butter with me to combat trigger scents (perfume, cigs…the subway is the worst!)
    -at the first sign of a migraine, take one excedrin w/big glass of water, put something heavy over my eyes (sweater, unheated rice pack) and check out for like 10 min and focus on breathing…no one at work cares!

I feel for you, love your blog, and I hope you find some relief!

My sympathies about the migraines; my sister would be knocked flat by them. All she could do when one hit was lie in a darkened room until it went away. Have you seen a doctor? It could be something environmental, such as a sensitivity to the fluorescents.

Back to food, I love sweet potatoes, so these fries look wonderful.

9. Angela says:

Ooh, thanks for the recipe – I love sweet potato fries, but hate frying at home.

As for the migraines – I personally get two kinds: the kind linked to PMS and the kind linked to a screwed up neck. For the first, I drink a Coke, take two Excedrin extra strength, and eat chocolate then try to sleep it off if possible. For the second, I go to my chiropractor. In fact, since I’ve been seeing my chiropractor regularly, I rarely get them any more. Since it sounds like you’re getting them every day and you said your neck and shoulders hurt, I would really try a chiropractor and possibly massage too. Hope you feel better soon!

10. Jen T says:

Oh, that sucks! I’ve never had consistent migraines, although I did get them when I first started this job while I was adjusting to the flourescent lights and constantly staring at a computer monitor. I would recommend the Excedrin- the extra strength is my go-to, and it at least reduces just about all my headaches. I also grab a cup of coffee when I feel a really bad headache coming on, but you said you don’t want to consume that much caffeine. I would recommend stopping to stretch and rub your shoulders and neck throughout the day if you think that might be part of it- plus, it reduces stress!

Or you could just to what Chris said and open a bistro. Seems like the best solution for everyone! These fries look really yummy, just put them on the menu- anything with cheese, sweet potatoes, and ancho chile powder will draw people like moths to a bare bulb!

@Jen T: Come help me open it! ;)

@Laura L: They really do! I guess I’m a real ~woman~ now, haha! Thanks for the advice!

@Lindsay: I plan to get my eyes checked ASAP! Sweet potatoes are actually really hard to cut – the are much firmer than a regular potato! If you have a sharp knife, though, it’ll be easy with a bit of practice, indeed!

@Lauren: That’s a good idea – thank you!

@Michelle: I have honestly never even tried Aleve – I think that I will today! I used to get really bad rebound headaches in college and stopped taking meds unless I really needed them, so lately I’m terrified to take anything because of how bad the rebound headaches were! I’m glad I’m not the only one!

11. Laura L. says:

Hi Sydney, the sweet potato fries look awesome. I’ve tried baking my own from scratch with bad results. Have to try these.

As far as migraines, I am a victim of these, too. I get them A LOT. The ONLY thing that works for me is Excedrin Migraine. But I find I have to take it AS SOON as I feel the symptoms starting to come on. Otherwise it takes a lot longer for it to kick in. I also usually get them when I’m on my period, but other times I get them if I have slept too much or too little, if I haven’t eaten breakfast, or if I’ve exercised vigorously without drinking enough water. So there are ways to prevent them usually except when I’m having my period. But yeah, Excedrin Migraine. I swear by it. Good luck with yours…they suck, don’t they?

12. Lindsay says:

I’m so sorry about the migraines. Though I’m afraid I’m not much help since my best ideas have already been mentioned – water and a visit to the eye doctor (since, if you’re not used to an office job, likely your eyes aren’t either – my prescription changed more in the first year I had a full time job than it ever did before or since — my poor eyes!).

But about the sweet potato fries. YUM! I’ve never tried tossing mine with cheese, so I will definitely add that next time. But what I really want to know is if you seriously cut those perfectly sized fries with a knife?!? For whatever reason I always have a hard time getting sweet potatoes cut well (most veggies I’m fine cutting, but these allude me and I always have weird, though still tasty, pieces). I’ve been blaming it on the fact that I don’t own a mandolin, but if you can do it, then it looks like I just need some practice!! (oh “darn”, a reason to make more sweet potato fries!) :)

13. So sorry about your headaches! I never had a migraine, but for a few months I was so stressed out that I’d get really painful headaches by every afternoon at work. Advil would help, but I really didn’t feel better until I reduced my stress level.

14. Michelle says:

These look amazing!! I’m definitely going to try these this week :) Yum!

Aleve is a life-saver, as is water, as others have mentioned, and also the magnesium. I have suffered from really bad migraines for years on and off, and varying in frequency and intensity, and I found that Exedrine, Ibuprofen, Tylenol, and the like will give you rebound headaches if you’re taking them frequently (which can get to the intensity of a migraine)! Aleve has no rebound effect, and helps with other muscle stiffness that can contribute.
    There is a lot that could be contributing to the migraines, though, besides muscle tightness – lack of sleep, dehydration, hormones, specific foods (I found raw red onions are one of my triggers! Ahh!), specific smells, and certain medications. Always worth a trip to the doctor to rule out anything serious, too.

Good luck! I hope you figure out something that works for you!!

15. Charissa says:

That’s interesting…I believe I am low in iron and I get dizzy. Did you take a really good quality iron supplement or do you use something more holistic and expensive? Just wondering what works.

@Charissa: I just went out and got a daily women’s supplement because my husband said that the iron supplement I was taking was too high and probably wasn’t being fully absorbed. My new vitamin has 18 mg of iron and 50 mg of magnesium, so hopefully that will do the trick! I got One-A-Day and it was $11 for 100 pills. I hope this helps you!

@Jen: I am sooo terrified of rebound headaches that I try really hard not to take anything unless I need it, but I’ve never tried Aleve, so I will do that! I also drink like, 2-3 liters of water a day, minimum, so I’ve definitely got that covered! I’m paranoid about dehydration from living in Arizona, I guess. Thank you so much for all of the tips, I really appreciate it! I’m sure with all of these great ideas, I’ll be feeling better in no time!

@Memoria: Thank you! :) Glad to see you’re back!

@Meredith: That’s a good point! Thank you!

@Jen: I have to get over my coffee-is-better-than-tea thing, because whenever I do suck it up and drink tea, I always feel so much better. I can do it, I can do it! :) I hope that your mom doesn’t have to work through too much pain!

@Kris: I’m glad that you enjoyed them! Your 15 year old sounds pretty smart! ;)

@Carly: I have some eye drops at home – I will have to bring them in. Thank you for the idea!

@Stacy: Thank you! And thanks for Excedrin! ;)

@Jenné: Thank you! They are definitely delicious on their own without the cheese!

16. Jen says:

Sydney,
    It’s too bad to hear you are having lots of headaches lately. I, too, have experienced frequent headaches on and off for the 6 months or so. I’ve been to the doctor a couple times, but she isn’t able to link it to anything and finally referred me to a neurologist (which I haven’t pursued).

One suggestion I have for you is to stop taking ibuprofen/excedrin. Try taking Aleve (Naproxen Sodium) instead. My doctor informed me that taking meds like iburofen and excedrin too frequently can cause something called rebound headaches (I would pop 3 each time a headache came on). Naproxen is a similar medication (it’s a NSAID, like aspirin), but by mixing up your pain med routine it might help relieve some of your headaches. My doctor prescribed me 500MG Naproxen pills to take for my headaches. Over the counter, Aleve/Naproxen comes in dosages of 220MG each pill, so I’d take 2 of those.

However, just like taking ibuprofen/excedrin too much, if you are taking Aleve on a regular basis, the efficiency will decline in a similar fashion. Just make sure you only take the meds when you really need ‘em.

Also, just making sure to stay hydrated is a biggie. It sounds so obvious, but by consciously trying to stay more hydrated throughout the day by continuously sipping water, I was able to reduce my headaches quite a bit. Substitute water for sugary energy drinks or coffee drinks and you will be less likely to crash and get a headache later.
    Hope these tips help you out! I love reading your blog and I check it often :) Your recipes always turn out fab!
    Jen

17. Memoria says:

I don’t like sweet potatoes in any form or fashion, but I must say your fries look lovely. My mom would love them.

18. Meredith says:

I agree with all these suggestions, but I’d like to add that it might be the climate. The weather change in the Northeast has hit, and with it comes a plethora of sinus and/or allergy issues. I have had similar headaches almost every other day since the heat/humidity struck in MD. You might want to consider a medicine that relieves sinus pressure, and see if that works.

And great food as always! :D

19. Jen says:

Sydney, I would totally go with the Excedrin route too. It’s honestly a life saver for me. Like you, I sometimes wake up with really debilitating migraines. Sometimes they even make sleeping impossible because my head is pounding so bad and trying to work through it during the day is just as impossible. I usually take two Excedrin and will be good. I also drink lots of tea. (My mom’s recommendation. She works through headaches with it.) I hope it helps! If it persists after you try a lot of things, then you should definitely see a doctor then. (I absolutely hate going too but it’s worth the effort, right? You won’t have to wonder anymore afterwards.) They don’t recommend taking Excedrin on a daily basis so I hope your migraines go away soon!

On a side note, the fries look amazing! I love potatoes but for some reason I’ve never gotten around to trying sweet potato fries! I’ll have to give this recipe a shot. The addition of the cheese sounds amaaazing.

I hope you feel better soon!

20. Jen says:

I hope you feel better soon!

21. Kris says:

I don’t know anything about migraines…I have thankfully never had them. But, I do consistently enjoy the food you post on your blog. Had the sweet potato fries tonight with a great steak. I pushed the steak aside and kept eating the fries. They were FANTASTIC! My silly husband said, “these don’t taste like regular fries.” My 15 year old son said, “that is because they are good for you and they aren’t regular fries…what, do you want them deep fried?” Then, my husband got up and got himself a white bread roll. Duh, doesn’t he know that sweet potato is a super food! I will make these again and again; thanks for the inspiration!

22. Carly says:

Thanks for the recipe – these look great!

As for the migraines, I had the same problem when I start my first “real” job about a year and a half ago. I sit in front of a computer for at least 8 hours a day and started getting terrible headaches everyday. I went to the eye doctor and along with changing my prescription, he suggested that I keep a bottle of moisturizing eye drops in my desk. He said that sometimes if you are staring at a computer screen all day you don’t realize you aren’t blinking as much as you should and your eyes drying out can cause the headaches.

I also love Excedrin and I feel that it works better than any other pain reliever – so when I get a bad headache I always go for Excedrin and eye drops! Hope this helps and hope you start feeling better soon!

23. Stacy says:

I’m so sorry to hear about your migraines! When I had trouble with them years ago, Excedrin was the only thing that worked for me. I hope you find some relief soon.

Your sweet potato fries look amazing! I make them often, but have never thought to add the fresh grated cheese – yum! I can’t wait to make them again! Feel better!

24. oh my God! I bet these are fantastic! I’m vegan, but I can just imagine the flavor the Parmesan along with truffle oil gives the fries. Yummy!

25. Casey says:

I have been dealing with migraine headaches for years and I totally feel your pain! After trying over 20 migraine medicines my miracle med has got to be Excedrine Migraine! It works wonders usually! Good Luck!! I was out 2 days last week for a really bad one. Feel better!hot ad

@Casey: I hope that you’re doing better, yourself! Make sure to take care! :)

@Niamh: I’m going to try to get a good massage soon – I think that might really help! I’m also going to get my eyes checked later this week, because I haven’t had them looked at since I started this desk job. Thank you so much for the suggestions!

@Ingreed: I eat almost all of that all the time! I’m trying to eat less dairy, though, so maybe that will help. Thank you for the list!

@Sarah: Caffeine certainly helps! Thanks for stopping by!

@Nadia: I tried going to a chiropractor once, but he was really weird and I never went back (he was also really expensive, haha). I’ll have to try to find someone who I like more.

26. Niamh says:

I’ve only ever had one migraine in my entire life, and I will NEVER forget that pain as long as I live. You have my sincere empathy! My suggestions are:

1 – Is your job stressful? Headaches are closely linked to stress. Muscle tension due to slouching at your desk, or screwing up your back and shoulders due to tension and stress doesn’t help either.. Try doing some light stretching during the day and become conscious of your posture, making yourself sit up straight whenever you feel yourself slumping in your seat. I also find that swimming is good for stretching out and relieving muscle tension, and it can also be a gentle form of exercise if you’re exhausted after your day. Regular massages would be great too (any excuse!).

2 – Is it the case that you dislike your job and the migraines are a reflex? Do you get them on weekends or days off? If it’s just during the week, could you take a week off work for some Sydney time?

3 – If you wear glasses you might need to get your eyes checked (as someone else suggested). I’m presuming that you work at a PC all day (like me), which is very tiring on your eyes. I keep eye drops handy and try to take a break from it every so often. Apparently every hour you should close your eyes completely for one full minute. That might help.

Sorry to hear you’re feeling ill and I hope that some of the suggestions work for you!

27. Ingreed says:

Hey Sidney,
    A couple of years ago I went to a neurologist because I was suffering from horrible migraines and I was given a list of foods that are migraine triggers. Now, I can’t really say that my migraines were caused by these foods but most of them are staples in my diet. I don’t have the list anymore but I found this website which says pretty much the same, you should check it out: http://www.webmd.com/migraines-headaches/guide/triggers-specific-foods
    I hope it helps and feel better soon!

28. Sarah says:

I’ve been craving sweet potato fries for weeks recently. Maybe this will be the recipe I actually get around to trying–they look amazing!! Hope your migraines get better soon. I’ve never found the trick to curing those, but I always remember my second grade teacher swore by BC Powder (eck.) and Diet Coke!

29. Nadia says:

Hey,

migraines might be helped if you go to a chiropractor. I’ve had awful headaches for ages, like all day, everyday, and it was helped- like i dont have heachaches anymore- when i went to the chiropractor.

i dont like manual adjusters; its rather worrisome. Try to find a chiropractor that uses a pressure gun its more accurate.

Hope this helps!

30. lola23 says:

You need to see a doctor to determine exactly what kind of headaches you are having.

If they turn out to be migraines, get a prescription, but also do not take hot showers; do lie down and place an icepack at the base of your head/neck and one on your forehead. If you feel one coming on, take your medicine and apply the ice packs immediately.

But see a doctor. Now.

31. Danie says:

Those look delicious! I can’t toss with parm (dairy allergy), but otherwise, I’m now craving these. I often toss them in cumin. Yum.

I’m going to repeat what many above have said- massage. Make sure you go to a registered massage therapist.

Mine is fabulous, and helped me figure out the causes of the two pains I have having- headaches and wrist pain. The headaches were from tight shoulders and neck (partly from an old injury) and not only did she massage me out, but gave me exercises to help, and ways to try and loosen up at home and at my desk.

The wrist pain was from having tight pecs (who knew!)

An RMT can also claimed on a lot of medical plans.

32. Chris says:

I’m going to second the chiropractor suggestion. I had no idea how amazing they were until I started dating one! :-) My dear BF has done manual adjustments on me as well as used the little pressure gun and decompression techniques. When done correctly, they are all safe, effective and accurate. But, they are not all necessarily equally effective for all people and all conditions. DCs can use a variety of techniques depending on what they chose to specialize in, in school. So talk to different docs, looks for someone who’s well versed in a variety of treatment methods, (not just single treatment methods) so that they can work with your body to get the best fit for you. Also, find a DC who does soft tissue work as well. If they spend time doing some soft tissue work first, then the adjustment is easier for them to accomplish and more likely to hold for you. It’s amazing how much better I feel and my headaches go away instantly. I rarely have to take anything for a headache any more.

One word of caution when going to a chiropractor, or anyone for that matter, – go in with your eyes open. As in any profession, there are scam artists and those who are simply out to make money. Look for someone who’s treatment plan is going to include, not only the adjustments, but also a plan (usually including some form of exercises) to strengthen the muscles so that you do not need to continually be adjusted. A good, honest, chiropractor should not want to see you every week for the rest of you life! They should have a treatment plan to correct the problem and then recommend monthly (or as needed) “tune ups.”

Also, in grad school, I went to see an acupuncturist. She was awesome and I had great luck in evening out my hormone swings which also had a positive effect on headaches and cycle-related migraines. Same warning applies to acupuncturists as chiropractors. Go in with your eyes open, use your good judgement and trust your gut.

33. Gigi says:

I have battled migraines for years, before I got a prescription and still do quite often is excedrin migraine and diet coke I know I know so much caffeine but it does work for me good luck!!

34. SkyLark says:

It could be sinus related. I had debilitating migraines for many years and nothing helped. Finally a Dr. suggested it might be my sinuses. Didn’t make much sense to me as the migraine was always in the back of my head and my sinuses never bothered me. At his suggestion I took some Tylenol Sinus and it was like a miracle! It’s been 15 years now and I’ve never again had a migraine. Any time I feel a headache coming on Tylenol Sinus gets rid of it before it becomes a migraine.

35. Margaret says:

My sister used to get frequent, severe migraines and her doctor put her on some kind of medicine which did prevent them but had unpleasant side effects. Then she discovered http://www.tuliv.com/, which sells a natural herbal remedy. She got off the prescription medicine and says she has no headaches and none of the icky side effects either.

36. Sally says:

It is possible that you are sleeping in a position that is irritating some nerves in your neck. This can lead to severe headaches. After my daughter had cervical spinal cord surgery, her incidences of migraines doubled. It all had to do with the way she had to sleep after the surgery. I have a couple of herniated discs in my neck and when I sleep wrong, I wake up with a headache. I don’t know if this helps or not. The recipe looks fantastic.

37. lisa says:

a lot of people benefit from drinking a can of coke and taking tylenol as soon as the headache starts. I know you said you’re trying to avoid the caffiene but it does help. Also, a lot of healthcare plans cover botox for migraines. They inject it in areas linked to the migraine. I work with a girl who does the botox injections and she swears by it.

38. Rosi says:

Accupunture worked best for my migraines. I tried prescription medicine, but that didn’t work. Someone suggested I try accupunture and I’ve been migraine free for two years. I went every other week for one year and then stopped going because I moved for one city to another. I also learned that I am hypoglycemic and need to eat small amounts often and drink a lot of water. Hope this helps.

39. Niesha Stork says:

AmericanHealthJournal is looking for partners in the medical niche. AmericanHealthJournal is a medical site with 3000+ of high quality health care videos. We are seeking writers who may be interested in submitting guest blog articles to our brand. . Come contact us at our contact page on our web site.